God has given us some basic Kingdom Life Truths that we can use to guide our spiritual journey. These guideposts are Biblical, practical and eternally TRUE. It’s easy to get caught up in the trials and tribulations of daily life and become distracted from the things that are really important. Why don’t you take a few minutes, read through the following truths and remind yourself of who you are and WHOSE you are?
- KINGDOM TRUTH: The cross of Jesus Christ is the focus and foundation of your faith and life as a believer. Appropriating all the gifts Jesus died to give you is a life-long process. Jesus did EVERYTHING on the cross to give you EVERYTHING YOU NEED to live victoriously – now and through eternity. The Cross of Jesus Christ was no accident – not some grievous mistake forced on Jesus. It is God’s perfect plan coming out of His heart and His love for you. Because of the power of the Cross of Jesus Christ, the power of the Holy Spirit lives within you and you operate under the authority you have been given by Jesus.
He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. (1 Peter 2:24 NIV)
- KINGDOM TRUTH: You have a responsibility to seek and know the TRUTH. Not everything you believe is right or true! You must seek to know, understand and experience all that Jesus died to give you. When you live in a land of ignorance, you can’t use what you don’t know is yours to use. Lack of knowledge will keep you from experiencing God’s Kingdom best in your life and in your generations. Your life in God’s Kingdom is an amazing, life-long process of growing in Him, knowing His word and becoming closer in relationship with Him. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (John 8:32 ESV)
- KINGDOM TRUTH: God is good! He is always good. All sickness, all destruction, all pain and all suffering is NOT from God. Satan and His kingdom hate you and will do everything and anything to keep you from experiencing God’s love. But even when the devil does his worst, God can turn everything around and use it for His glory and His best in your life. God can win any and every hand that is dealt. Remember – Jesus did everything on the cross to defeat Satan and destroy the power of sin and death over your life. Faith never puts limits on God! ALL things are possible to those who believe. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. (Psalm 100:5 NIV)
- KINGDOM TRUTH: God has given you the gift of free will. Every person has been given the freedom to CHOOSE. You can choose to listen, obey and serve God’s Kingdom … or Satan’s. God’s kingdom choices will bring life and restoration. Satan’s kingdom choices bring destruction, death and terror. You and those around you are affected by your choices, your words and your actions and you are affected by theirs. This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live. (Deuteronomy 30:19 NIV)
- KINGDOM TRUTH: YOU have the power, authority and legal right to overcome Satan, sin and death in your life. You can ask the Holy Spirit to help you clean up the mess the enemy makes in your life. You are only dead to sin if you CHOOSE to KILL it in your life! If you choose to repent, turn from sin and appropriate God’s grace you can overcome and kill sin in your life. You have everything you need to be FREE! Because of God’s grace, you can now break free from the bondage of sin and successfully overcome that sin in your life. God’s grace helps you choose who you want to serve and live a righteous, holy life before God and man. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. (Luke 10:19 NIV)
These Kingdom Life Truths are a strong foundation you can build your life on. Set them firmly in your heart and mind and let them guide you on your journey with God!
Read March 2018 PowerTools: Offended? Don’t be!
Read February 2018 PowerTools: It’s Not about You: Practicing the Character Trait of Humility